The support team for the organising committee will consist of a maximum of five teachers - if a member of the support team decides to leave, he or she has to help as much as possible in finding a successor.
The committee will consist of twelve executive posts - (1) Secretary General; (2) Deputy-Secretary General; (3) Brumun Coordinator; (4) Deputy Brumun Coordinator; (5) Conference Manager; (6) Deputy-Conference Manager; (7) Head of Administrative Staff; (8) Deputy Head of Administrative Staff, (9) Financial Manager; (10) Deputy-Financial Manager; (11) Head of Press & Accommodation; (12) Deputy Head of Press & Accommodation. The students in deputy positions will automatically be promoted to the senior position for the following year. The deputy posts will be advertised shortly after the end of a conference so that the full new team can be put in place as early as possible to start working on the next conference.
Responsibilities of Secretary General:
- The Secretary General is the President of the Executive Committee
- The Secretary General cooperates and works together with the Deputy Secretary General at all times in all matters.
- Meetings will be organised by the Secretary General.
- The Secretary General should monitor the individual members, but also the staff as a whole and should set up systems for this task.
- If a Staff member is not actively participating or performing their duties, the Secretary General needs to ask teacher support group for advice and if necessary replace this member, but only with permission of the teacher.
- The available delegations during the conference will be chosen by the Secretary General. He or she also needs to distribute this information to the participating schools.
- The agenda is finalised by the Secretary General sixty days before the conference starts and distributed to everyone at least thirty days before the event.
- Guestspeakers need to be organised, elected and informed of arrangements by the Secretary General.
- The Secretary General will act in accordance with the BRUMUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Deputy Secretary General:
- The Deputy Secretary General is the Vice-President of the Executive Committee.
- The Deputy Secretary General cooperates and works together with the Secretary Generals at all times in all matters.
- If the Secretary General cannot be present at a regular meeting, the Deputy Secretary General will lead the meeting with the same rights as the Secretary General.
- The Deputy Secretary General should assist the Secretary General in any tasks as requested by the Secretary General.
- The Deputy Secretary General will act in accordance with the BRUMUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of the Brumun Coordinator and the Deputy Brumun Coordinator:
- Ensure as much as possible that the agreed timeline is enforced and that you are aware of any delays or extensions along the way so that you can reformulate the timeline to take account of them;
- Link directly with teachers involved in BRUMUN seeking advice whenever needed
- Actively advertise to get new teachers involved (e.g. speak to new teachers at their induction meeting, send a message to staff at the start of the year, speak to staff members individually etc...)
- Liaise with the APEEE
- Train the committee in using any support websites e.g. MyMun
Responsibilities of Conference Manager and Deputy Conference Manager:
- Technical and organizational tasks of the conference.
- Logistics - the locations of the BRUMUN conference are MAI (maisons des associations internationales) and EEB2. The Conference Manager and Deputy Conference Manager should, along with the teachers' support team, book the facilities needed.
- Create identity badges for all students and staff involved in the event. The Executive Staff has to approve the design.
- Design and print the BRUMUN induction package which will consist of a folder, an instructional guide and an information booklet. The Executive Staff has to approve the design.
- Organise placards - these need to be available for the Head and Deputy Head of Administration Staff a week before the conference.
- Set up the conference venue for each day of the conference, working closely with administrative staff.
- Work on developing a conference ambiance in the school facilities through flags etc...
- Arrange lunch for each day of the conference.
- Organise availability of water.
- Design and print tickets for social occasions if necessary. The Executive Staff has to approve the design.
- The Conference Manager and Deputy Conference Manager will act in accordance with the BRUMUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Head of Administrative Staff and Deputy Head of Administrative Staff:
- Appoint and train administrative staff before the conference (training will include a meeting where he or she will explain what a Model United Nations is and what their tasks as Administrative Staff will be - the Secretary General and the Deputy Secretary General will assist in this training);
- Lead, delegate and inform their staff throughout the conference.
- Divide administrative staff into teams to assist the chair in each forum and additional teams to act as technical staff, security staff, registration duties at the start of the conference and assistants at the full General Assembly Sessions. They need to hand a list of names of administrative staff and their responsibilities to the Secretary General and the Conference Manager thirty days before the conference.
- Organise the rooms ready for debate in coordination with the Conference Manager and Deputy Conference Manager.
- Set up the placards alphabetically, put the tablecloth on the Chair's desk, get water and glasses for the chairs and make sure that each room is completely prepared for the event each day.
- Check all I.T. facilities and liaise with I.T. staff at the venues to resolve any issues.
- Organise flags for the conference.
- The Head of Administrative Staff and Deputy Head of Administrative Staff will act in accordance with the BRUMUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of the Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager:
- Responsible for the financial tasks connected with running the conference.
- If requested by the committee, the Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager should look for sponsors by sending sponsor letters to different companies.
- In the event of sponsorship, the Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager need to make sure that every company which makes a contribution gets an official tax-deductible receipt.
- At every meeting the Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager need to report financial developments to the executive staff.
- An estimate of expenditure has to be set up by the Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager and approved by the Secretary General.
- The Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager can only buy something for the conference if it is included in the budget, which has been approved by the Secretary General. If something needs to be bought that is not included in the budget, the Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager can only do this with permission of the Secretary General and the Deputy Secretary General.
- The Financial Manager and Deputy Finance Manager will act in accordance with the BRUMUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Head of Accommodation and Press and the Deputy Head of Accommodation and Press:
- Responsible for the delegates who request hosting families - organising host families for them and keeping both host families and guests fully informed of the process at all times.
- Responsible for media presence throughout the conference through a daily newspaper publication and filming for a souvenir film.
- Provide information about places to stay.
- The (Deputy) Head of Accommodation and Press will act in accordance with the BRUMUN charter at all times.
The organising committee can appoint additional members to the committee when it is important for the successful organisation of the conference (e.g. Head of the Chair Team, Declamation Contest Organisers, Impromptu Conference Organisers). The maximum number for additional members is five.